The Greppy Awards (aka The Greppys) recognizes the best and brightest startups and individuals in the Triangle tech community.
This inaugural ceremony will be held virtually on Friday, April 23, 2021, at 12 noon ET. The Greppys are brought to you by our friends at Dualboot Partners, who can handle all of your development needs.
- BEST SMALL STARTUP. This award recognizes a startup launched by forward-thinking leaders with a product or service that aims to disrupt the market. 0-10 Employees
- BEST MEDIUM-SIZED STARTUP. This award recognizes a startup built by forward-thinking leaders that has found product-market fit and is growing. Approximately 11-50 Employees
- BEST LARGE STARTUP. This award recognizes a startup built by forward-thinking leaders with a product or service that is already disrupting the market. 51+ Employees
- BEST ON-CAMPUS STARTUP. This is category is dedicated to student-led startups that were formed and exist on campus. Two startups will be nominated from each of the following universities: Duke, NC Central, NC State, and UNC.
- MOST IMPACTFUL. This award recognizes technology leaders and visionaries who have gone above and beyond in the community. This person’s influence will have contributed to the overall growth of the Triangle’s startup and tech ecosystem.
- BEST LEVERAGING. This award recognizes a company that has effectively utilized the various resources that the Triangle has to offer. Whether it be receiving a direct investment from a local VC and/or angel group, participating in a local accelerator, receiving mentorship from an entrepreneurial support organization, presenting at a local tech conference, working at a local coworking space/startup community, etc.
Our committee of notable ecosystem experts will nominate companies and individuals for each of the awards (with the exception of the on-campus award, which will be nominated by the schools). After the nominations are announced, we will start reader voting. [Note: Voting is live, so do it now!] Finally, we will announce the winners—including a judge’s choice and “Readers Choice” in most categories—at the event on April 23.
- John Austin, Senior Director of NC IDEA
- Tina Cochrane, Vice President at Dualboot Partners
- Jan Davis, Founder of Davis Growth Partners
- Lister Delgado, Managing Partner of IDEA Fund Partners
- Sarah Leners, Senior Associate of Bull City Venture Partners
- Tim McLoughlin, Partner of Cofounders Capital
Dualboot Partners is the lead sponsor of The Greppys, but that doesn’t mean you can’t also be a part of the fun. Reach out if you would like more information on sponsorship opportunities.